Gib Gate Excellence
Excellence is central to Gib Gate’s founding philosophy. As the Southern Highland’s leading academic primary school, students consistently achieve at the highest levels – academically, musically, physically and creatively. Through a focus on self-improvement, they realise how their actions and decisions can contribute to the common good.
- Achieved a perfect score in the final round of KidsLit 2021 and in 2020, the Highest Scoring Team in Primary School Division.
- In 2020 Gib Gate was awarded a Most Promising Primary School in the NSW Young Scientist Awards.
- Frensham Schools (Gib Gate and Frensham) was awarded Certificate of Distinction from AMEB NSW for 'Top 10 Result in the Category of Most Outstanding Accredited School – All Grades – All Instruments' in 2019 and 2020.
- In 2019 Gib Gate Year 5 placed 1st overall and Year 6 placed 3rd overall in the da Vinci Decathlon.
- In 2019 Gib Gate was awarded a Land for Wildlife site.
- In 2018 Gib Gate has been awarded six years of K-6 NESA Accreditation with praise from the CEO of NESA, David de Carvalho, and NESA Inspectors. David de Carvalho said: ‘Gib Gate is an Outstanding School’.
- Eight Year 5 Gib Gate students were awarded First Prize in STANSW (Science Teachers’ Association NSW) 2018 Young Scientist Awards.
- In 2018 a Year 5 Gib Gate student received State level NESA WriteOn Gold Award (only five awarded in NSW)